This week marks the end of National Smile Month. The team have been busy having fun with ‘Smileys’ but also doing our bit for the community, visiting Burton on the Wolds Playschool to talk to the kids about taking care of their oral health.
It also seemed fitting to have a check in with Ash on what we can all do in order to keep our smile as white as possible!
- What’s the best way to keep out teeth white?
- “The best way to keep our teeth white is very simple – brush your teeth thoroughly with an electric toothbrush twice a day and visit the hygienist regularly at least every 6 months to remove any remaining build up of staining. Make sure you change the head regularly as soon as the blue bristles on the head have faded.”
Is there any particular toothpaste you recommend for keeping our teeth white?
- “Evo White toothpaste by Enlighten is best for whitening.”
- What is the safest way to whiten my teeth? (Home kits vs In Practice)
- “Home and practice are both safe. Practice is the safest because a trained dentist is carrying out the treatment but home is also very safe if the materials are supplied and its use is demonstrated by a trained dentist.”
- If i get my teeth whitened, will it last forever?
- “No, it usually needs topping up once every 2 months. But top up treatments are far less intensive than the original session.”
- And finally…what can heavy coffee and tea drinkers amongst us do to keep our teeth white?
- “Simply have more regular visits to hygienist and using an electric toothbrush for the full 2 minutes using the right technique. Also use Tepe brushes in-between teeth”
If there’s anything in particular you would like Ash to discuss in a future article then leave us a comment on Facebook or drop us an email and we’ll be sure to follow up!